Featured post

Let Us Stop Filling Bins

Let us Stop Filling Bins https://www.pinterest.com/clen1/true-love/ We may not know what really inspired the people of th...

Friday 27 March 2020

Man in the mirror

Where are You Now? 


I've been standing here for long,
Standing with hope,
Hoping you'll appear and smile,
For I know your smile means solution.

You used to come,
Grab my troubles with your sharp claws,
Fly high with them,
Bring them back full of confusion.

I've been standing here for long,
Standing with hope,
Hoping you'll appear with tears,
Just to say "it's difficult but I'm on it".

Yes you used to show up,
Cry with me,
Tell it to my ears,
Tell me "it will all be fine".

From the mirror
I went to stand by the waterside,
Thinking maybe my mirror is now contaminated,
It's the dirt that bares you from showing up.

Where are you?
What happened to you?
Did you fall into a deep trap?
Did you get stolen?

If need be,
Just shout,
I shall come running,
Running to save you for me.

      M. B. Dlamini (6/11/19: 1904).

No comments:

Post a Comment